- Xtramath.org - a useful site for practicing basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) in 6- and 3-second time frames. This site also keeps reports of the students work so that parents can see when the student worked, how long they worked, and where they are struggling. FREE
- Khanacademy.org - a wonderful site for math tutorials and other coursework. FREE
- Readtheory.org - an excellent reading and assessment site that allows the student to read a passage starting at a lower level and then advances them until they begin to score low, keeping them challenged, but not so challenged they feel defeated. FREE
- Opened.io - a common-core-aligned site that provides lesson plans, tutorials, and grade-keepers for the students that are more inclined to work at their own pace. FREE
- All In One Homeschool - a site devoted to keeping homeschooling simple. Created by a homeschool mom, Lee Giles provides excellent day-by-day assignments, links, worksheets for every elementary grade through 8th grade, and as well for High School. There is also a support staff on facebook. FREE
- C-span for the classroom - a site offering worksheets and bellringers for the student to keep up to date with what's going on in the world around them. FREE
- SpellingCity.com - a site that offers the teacher/parent to create spelling lists that are integrated into online games and quizzes/tests. FREE (Premium options may require paid membership)
- Brookdalehouse.com - a site devoted to creating interactive learning. FREE (premium options may require membership)
- Quizlet.com - a free way for parents (or the older students) to create online flashcards to study. The site also allows the student to participate in various interactive sets within their cards to better learn the materials.
- Grammerly.com - a site that helps with proper grammar formation. FREE (premium options may require membership)
- Homeschool Tracker - a free software download to help you keep track of all your students assignments. This program allows for rescheduling of assignments, points possible, report cards, field trips, etc. A god-send for any homeschool mom with more than one child! FREE
- Teachers Pay Teachers - a website created by teachers for teachers (and homeschool families). You can purchase items or browse their 'free' items. Sign up for emails and receive updates on new items, hot items, and lists of freebies offered. FREE - Requires email registration (Premium products available for purchase)
I am an avid blogger and blog follower. Below are some of the blogs to which I personally love and am currently subscribed.